Notice: The Macon Bike Share Program through Zagster was not renewed and ended October 2019. Please visit here for more information on transportation in Macon.
Macon Bike Share Stations
The Macon Bike Share Program provides Macon residents and visitors with a convenient, affordable and healthy way to get around the city. Zagster cruiser bikes are available for rental at stations located at Washington Memorial Library and Tubman Museum. The first hour is free and every hour after that is $1. See below for a map of the bike locations (click map for a larger image), rental guidelines & instructions on how the bike share stations work.
- One rental bike per Zagster account
- Must be 18 years or older to rent a bike
- Riders under the age of 18 can use the bikes if rented by some 18 years or older
- Must be able to ride a bike that is 26 inches tall
- Riders must wear a helmet if they are 16 years & under per Georgia State Law
Washington Memorial Library: located at 1180 Washington Ave., the bike rack is near the entrance of Washington Memorial Library adjacent to the parking lot.
Tubman Museum: located in Downtown Macon at 310 Cherry St., has a bike rack at the front entrance.
Ocmulgee Heritage Trail bike rack is no longer active.
How it works:
- Download the Zagster App - you will need a smartphone and credit card to set up an account
- Choose Macon as your location
- Enter the bike's unique number into the app
- Receive a code and input it into the lock box
- Open the lock box to retrieve a key to unlock the U-lock
- When you're done, bring the bike back to a Zagster docking station and hit "End Ride" on your app
- from on .
- Explore Macon al fresco and discover why it's more than just a place on the map. Happy trails!
- For more information, go to
Download our MyCity Bike App
We have launched our and self-guided bike tours. The tours are short day routes including historical sites, musical landmarks, iconic architecture and haunted halls. Click below to find out more about the routes.
The Best of Macon Bicycle Day Tour will take you to an impressive lineup of our city's incredible historic buildings and public art. From our gothic cathedral to monumental neoclassical architecture to antebellum 69棋牌s to inviting parks, riders will discover centuries of history right here in Macon.
The Music Registry Bicycle Day Tour is an exploration of Macon’s rich and diverse musical history. For more sites please visit historicmacon.org/music-registry. Thanks to the generous support of the Cox Family Trust of the Community Foundation of Central Georgia, Historic Macon has created the Historic Macon Music Registry in partnership with Rock Candy Tours, NewTown Macon, and the Georgia Allman Brothers Band Association (GABBA). Plaques are placed at influential sites that represent the diversity of music's role in shaping the character of Macon’s 'soul.'
Ride if you dare! This spooky tour will take you to some of Macon's most infamous haunts. You'll see majestic architecture and learn about some of our most impressive historic landmarks...and you might even encounter the mischievous and mysterious spirits that are said to dwell here. For more information about Macon’s Ghosts please visit gatewaymacon.com.